- 5 kg raw pork ribs
- 500ml chicken stock
- 500ml Apple juice
For the Rub
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Maldon salt
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp Coleman’s mustard powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp onion salt.
For the Bourbon honey Glaze
- 100 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp mustard sauce
- 2 tsp gochujang paste (found in any Asian supermarket)
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp. pomegranate molasses
- 100 ml Bourbon
- Combine all the rub ingredients
- Combine all the glaze ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate until use
- Cut rib racks into more manageable pieces +/_ 5 -6 riblets
- Cover the ribs in the rub and leave covered in the fridge for 4 hours (preferably overnight)
- Turn the oven on to 120deg C
- Put the ribs in a roasting tin, add the apple juice and stock and cover tightly with foil.
- Cook slowly until the meat is very soft – approx. 4 hours, basting with the juices every hour or so.
- When cooked, take out of the oven, uncover and allow to cool for about an hour.
- Increase the oven temp to max (approx. 250degC)
- Brush the ribs liberally with the glaze and heat in the oven, basting every three minutes or so. Take care that the glaze doesn’t burn.
- Remove the ribs when they are heated through and they are well coated with the sticky glaze
Serve with a side of slaw and corn on the cob.
Nice! and Tasty – Chris