These are great on their own either served at room temp. or straight from the refrigerator. Or you can add a scoop of vanilla ice-cream for a slightly more decadent dessert.
- 115g unsalted butter
- 250g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 90g good-quality milk chocolate (I use Lindt),
- 100g castor sugar
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbs Dutch or other good quality cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 80g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 170°C
- Grease a 18cm x 27cm brownie pan with oil spray before lining the base and sides with baking paper.
- Melt butter and 160g dark chocolate in a double boiler or in a heatproof plastic bowl in the microwave. Cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the two sugars, the eggs and vanilla, and whisk by hand to combine. Add butter and chocolate mixture, then sift over dry ingredients and fold them through the mixture to gently combine.
- Finely chop the milk chocolate and remaining 90g dark chocolate and add them to the brownie mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for approx. 25 minutes or until crusty on top and soft in the centre.
- Leave to cool in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Once cool, cut into 4cm squares.
- Store in an airtight container, such as Tupperware, in the fridge.
Nice! and Tasty – Chris