- 1.5kg ripe tomatoes halved
- 2 red peppers deseeded and quartered
- I large onion cut into chunks
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 Tblsp dried oregano
- 1 Lt vegetable stock
- 2 Tblsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tblsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp white sugar
- Cracked black pepper
- Olive oil
- Heat oven to 160 degC.
- Combine the tomatoes, onion, peppers, and garlic in a roasting pan.
- Add oregano, balsamic vinegar, a good splash of olive oil and sugar and mix altogether using your hands.
- Roast in the oven for about 30 – 45 minutes until the tomatoes are breaking down and releasing their juices. Its Ok if some of the skin blackens as this adds a slightly smoky flavour.
- Transfer ingredients to a medium sized pot and add the tomato paste and enough stock to cover all ingredients.
- Gently simmer for about 1 hour.
- Transfer ingredients to a blender and blend ingredient into a smooth, thickish liquid.
- Strain through a sieve back into the pot, adjust seasoning in need, and keep warm.
- Serve with croutons and fresh basil.
Nice! and Tasty – Chris
2 thoughts on “Roast Tomato Soup”
Hello! I just wish to give you a big thumbs up for your excellent information you’ve got here on this post. I’ll be returning to your site for more soon.
I always spent my half an hour to read this web site’s posts all the time along
with a cup of coffee.