This is a great vegetarian dish and incredibly tasty. You can use any wild mushrooms.
- 800g mushrooms thinly sliced
- 200g gruyere, grated
- 2 bags baby spinach
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 small shallots finely diced
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Puff pastry
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 200 g wild mushrooms – enoki, shimeji, chanterelles, oyster
- Turn the oven on to 180.
- Butter and line a tart tin.
- Roll out your pastry and lay into the tart tin, gently pressing into the sides.
- Prick the base of the pastry and bake blind for about 15 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven.
- Blanch the spinach in boiling water until wilted.
- Remove from the pot, drain and roughly chop.
- In a pan, sauté the shallots in about 2 tablespoons of olive oil until softened – +/- 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and thyme, and gently cook until the mushrooms have softened +/- 5-8 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir through.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the gruyere.
- Taste and season as required.
- Transfer the filling to the cooked tart base and cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Whilst the tart is cooking, sauté the wild mushroom on high heat in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Remove the tart, scatter the wild mushrooms over the top.
- Allow to stand for a few minutes, remove from the tart tin and serve.
Nice! and Tasty – Chris
One thought on “Mushroom, Spinach and Gruyere Tart”
Awesome! Thank you for sharing your recipe. I really love pizza and with mushrooms on it are perfect.