This is an extremely easy pasta dish with heaps of flavour. If you cannot get or make duck prosciutto, substituting with pork prosciutto will work just as well. Break the egg yolk just before eating and stir though your bowl of spaghetti.
- 250 – 300g thinly sliced duck prosciutto. Normal pork prosciutto will be fine if duck cannot be obtained
- 2 cups frozen broad beans
- Parmigiana Reggiano, preferably 30 months aged, grated
- 1 packet spaghetti
- Egg yolk
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- Cook the spaghetti in salted boiling water until el dente
- Whilst spaghetti is cooking, cook the frozen broad beans in a separate pot of salted boiling water until cooked – approximately 5 minutes
- Drain the spaghetti and add the broad beans. Stir through
- Add a portion of spaghetti to a bowl.
- Top with a good serving of duck prosciutto, lots of grated Parmigiana Reggiano, cracked black pepper, and top with the egg yolk.
Nice! and Tasty – Chris