You could make your own green curry paste for this recipe. Personally, I think life is too short for that. Besides, in my opinion, you can get great curry pastes at virtually any supermarket these days. You could substitute this with a red or yellow paste if you so wish.
- 750g firm white fish fillets (monkfish, dory, swordfish, yellowtail), cubed
- 500g green beans chopped
- 1 medium onion finely sliced
- 250g fresh shitake mushrooms sliced
- 2-3 Tblsp green Thai curry paste
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1 can full cream coconut milk
- 1-2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 Tblsp oil
- Fresh coriander
- Heat the oil and gently sauté the onion until golden and soft
- add the curry paste and fry gently for a minute or so.
- add the mushrooms, green beans, coconut milk, stock and fish sauce and simmer gently until the beans are cooked to your liking (I prefer them with a bit of crunch)
- Season the fish pieces, add to the sauce.
- Poach gently until the fish is nearly cooked all the way through (approx. 2-3 minutes)
- Taste, and season if required
- remove from the heat, add a handful of fresh chopped coriander and stir through
serve in bowls on top of steamed rice (Jasmine or basmati works)
Nice! and Tasty – Chris