These buns are fantastic accompanied by an espresso.
- 310 ml buttermilk
- 55 g sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp instant dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 640 g all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 170 g unsalted butter, softened
- 165 g lightly packed brown sugar
- 55 g unsalted butter, melted
- 60 ml light corn syrup
- 30 ml water
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 105 g lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Buttermilk, for brushing
- In a bowl, combine the buttermilk, sugar, yeast and salt. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, eggs and buttermilk mixture in a stand mixer using the dough hook or in a bowl using a wooden spoon, until a dough begins to form.
- Add the softened butter.
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes. It will be soft and slightly sticky. Place in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm, humid place for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients with a whisk until smooth.
- Pour into a buttered 33 x 23 cm glass baking dish. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- On a generously floured surface, roll out the dough into a 50 x 35 cm rectangle. Brush with the melted butter and cover with the brown sugar mixture. Roll the dough into a log 50 cm long. Cut into 12 slices.
- Place the dough slices onto the caramel. Cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm, humid place for 1 hour.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Brush the buns with buttermilk. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked all the way through.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Place a large serving platter over the baking dish. Turn out the sticky buns onto the platter.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nice! and Tasty – Chris